Friday, January 12, 2018

Introduction - Rocky

Hi everyone,

A lot of you may have read my blogs at darkangel866.blogspot.com before. I will still post the lion's share of my posts over there. This is our new "corporate" blog.

My name is Jayson "Rocky" Gardner. I live in Michigan and have been playing RPG's since about 1984. I was a "victim" of the Satanic Panic, so through the 80's and early 90's I had to hide my games from the family. In the early 90's my family finally relented, and I have been openly gaming in one fashion or another ever since.

I especially enjoy the pre-3 style of play. Fast and loose, with a lot of ground covered in a session. But, I have been known to play all of the following games: D&D (every version except 4E), MERP, DCC, MCC, X-Crawl (another favorite), and pretty much every OSR Retroclone out there. I played a lot of World of Darkness games in the late 90's. My current favorite game systems include:

1. Swords & Wizardry (a 0E D&D clone)
2. Castles & Crusades
3. Dungeon Crawl Classics

I am particularly fond of the "mega-dungeon" idea, and one of the reasons for me helping found Silver Bulette is to eventually see Mord Mar (my personal mega-dungeon) in print.

Besides Silver Bulette, I own a taxi company, and spend time with my three boys, wife, live-in niece, and house full of dogs, cat, and fish.

Typically, I attend 3-6 conventions a year. For 2018, the list currently includes: GaryCon, North Texas RPG Con, and Gamehole Con. Other cons that I enjoy include Whosyercon, and GrandCon. I attended Gen Con 13 times, and may do so again.

No comments:

Post a Comment