Saturday, January 13, 2018

Introduction- Ian

I guess since Rocky did this....

I have been gaming since 1987 when a cousin gave me all of the D&D and AD&D books they had. A Basic set, an Expert set, a slew of AD&D 1st edition stuff. I was off and running. I discovered Gamma World shortly after and was completely hooked. I will play literally any RPG you put in front of me. I really enjoy the retroclones and their speed and simplicity. I'm not a huge fan of taking a whole evening to create a character and I really enjoy a high lethality in my games. I often run WEG Star Wars (yup, the d6 one) and I find that one to be extremely lethal as well.
I play in a Friday nite game with people I have played with for over a decade. I regularly attend many gaming conventions and Rocky and I now focus on: NTRPG, Gary Con, and Gamehole Con. You can find me at TotalCon as well because it is fairly local for me (I live in tropical NH).
My games are often heavy on puzzles, traps, and thinking. I really enjoy running Swords & Wizardry and have been quite excited about the amount of new and fantastic material that has been put out. My favorite monster is the bulette and I will use them as often as feasible. Rocky and I have known each other for years and became fast friends after meeting at Gen Con. The main push for this 'business' was to create the background and support for Rocky to produce a high quality mega-dungeon that was as close to his crazy vision as possible. I've played in it and it is a developed ecology that is difficult to translate into pieces as the living breathing piece that it is. We both share a love of OSR and the 'anything is possible' feel of those systems and games.
In my 'real' life, I am the father to two daughters and married to a hard working school teacher. I run my own business as a Speech Language Pathologist and love that day job. I live in a small village in NH (yup!) that is still close to Boston and Portland, ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment